loss of power

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: loss of power
From: Scott/Michelle <mcjsr@talstar.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 18:18:51 -0400
Well it all started a few months back (six to be exact) when upon a crazy
whim I decided to buy the pretty 75B, and upon arrival at my house she was
in a sad state of disrepair. With love and diligence I had tons of work done
to her, by a friend who ia a great mechanic.....but specializes in VW's.
well now to her latest ailment. DPO says she was rebuilt 5000 miles ago, and
then she sat....she sat and rotted for four glorious years...until we lost
our minds, and bought her. Well she burns almost as much oil as gas these
days, and has an extreme loss of power. We only have had  her on the street
a short time...about a month. Upon acceleration she seems very sluggish, and
of course there is the ever present white/blue smoke drafting from her
tailpipe like a cancerous flag waving in the wind of fate. My question is
this, where do I start to trouble shoot, it almost seems as if she isn't
getting the gas feed she needs, but she does accelerate, just very poorly.
Upon idle she kind of chugs, and shakes with a bitter rhythm. Before you
laugh yourselves to death just realize that my mechanical knowledge,
**though growing** is obviously limited to the problems I have had to fix
already...and this is a new one. I know most of you probably chuckle a bit
when you read my posts, and say....is this guy for real....but hey I am
giving it a try, and trying like hell to keep this LBC going! *LOL*

Scott 75B
in need of a caretaker with a better set of tools, and more knowledge of how
to use em!