Re: Pull to the left jap car.

To: <Wildbil923@aol.com>, <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pull to the left jap car.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:12:54 +0100
It is still a current term, a neighbour disparagingly refers to his company
car as "Jap crap".  It is also still current with the people who fought them
in the WWII.  Some years ago a work colleague bought a new sound system one
lunch time and brought it back into the office.  One of the managers
(ex-RAF, grey woollen socks, picture of Spitfire in combat on office wall)
noticed it and was looking interestedly, till he saw the manufacturer and
said in a horrified voice "But that's Jap, isn't it?".  It never ceases to
amaze me how many (OK, less now) obviously ex-servicemen buy Japanese cars.
My Father-in-law would never knowingly buy anything German or Japanese, and
turned his nose up when his grandson bought a Toyota.

PaulH.