Re: Front caliper mounting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front caliper mounting
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:44:41 -0600 (MDT)
I lost both bolts from the right side going east from London (in Canada
across lake from Ohio) way above the speed limit in a rainstorm on the way
to the Buffalo show two or three years ago.  The lock tab came loose and
the caliper fell off but snagged on the dust shield, I bought replacement
bolts at a hardware store w/o washers or lock tab and they haven't come
loose yet.  I wouldn't really recomend this approach, but hey it works.  I
only had the lock tab on for about two days.  This is a good reason TO
use one and tighten it so you don't drop a caliper on the highway, had it
not gotten caught on the dust shield it probably would have hit the ground
then come through the floor, or at best done some nasty damage.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT bastardization with big aluminum heart :)
'63 Buick 215 cubic inch 'heart'