Re: Roll Cages

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Cages
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:09:34 -0400
> Larry,
> This doesn't involve Palo Alto but where did you get a roll cage for yo=
ur
> B?  I am trying to find one for my 74 BGT, I have found them in England=
,
> but I fear the shipping costs to Colorado. TIA

When you mention roll-cage, I assume you mean a full cage
and not a roll-bar. if this is the case, I would stay very
far away from the "off-the-peg" type of roll-cages.

If you are going to race the car, have a roll-cage custom
built around  the occupant. Believe me there is nothing mire
dangerous than being in a race car where some part of the
rollcage is interfering with the driver (usually the helmet
banging on the top side hoop.

I have had 3 full roll-cage built in the past 9 years, and
at the end of the day they all turned out superior than the
"off-the-peg" variety. What value do you place on your life ?

gerry