Re: Engine Block Heater]

To: mgrick@ptd.net
Subject: Re: Engine Block Heater]
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:38:37 EDT
Rick,
  Depending on where you live, these heaters can be found at almost any
auto parts store, Kmart, Walmart, etc, and truck agencies that work with
diesel engines will stock them in some sizes.
   Katz is one brand name. I have one of their tank-type heaters on my
S-10. I have used their hose-type units sucessfully too. They make the
bent-rod type that installs in place of a freeze plug.
  Engine heaters may be obsolescent, though, as new engines seem to need
less help in frosty weather than older, carb-equipped engines.
Bob