My GT runs!!!

Subject: My GT runs!!!
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:44:09 +0200
Hi all,

I finally had cranked my '71 BGT with gas.
After some cranking and quite some smoke the enige started. What a joy! The
odor was a bit less in such a small environment as my garage is (yes the
door was open).
It runs on 3 cylinders only. After swapping the plugs I found there is a
faulty one.
I'll replace it next time.
The smoke came from the manifold gasket and disappeared later.

I ran the GT out of my (basement) garage which was a bit hard for an engine
running on 3 plugs only and a steep runway to the road, but allright it
went.
So I made a very little tour around the block where I live.

The brakes work, but o I miss the power assistance. I normally drive a
Peugeot 406 and that car has heavily assisted all disc brakes - so it's a
world's difference.

The oil pressure is o.k.
The temperature meter still does not work. With the engine running there was
no resistance measured - so I'll replace the sensor.

The fuel gauge does not give a sign as well.
Although it works - tested with shortly grounding the wire which leads to
the tank sensor - it does not move when connected.
It reads about 450 ohms to ground.
Is this normal?

There came a little smoke into the interior from the fresh air outlet.
I'll check this later.

Cheers,

Hans
        '71BGT running now!