Re: SU Tuning Questions

To: "Tyson Sherman" <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>,
Subject: Re: SU Tuning Questions
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:43:31 +0100
11 degrees at 1500 rpm would be correct for a North American 1973 18V672 or
673 with a 41491 distributor.  The figures should be dependant upon the
distributor you are using, which should be matched to the engine you have.

Have you got some free play in the accellerator cable at idle?    With the
screws all the way out are you getting audible suck on both carbs or only
one?  If one then it could be a poorly seated throttle disc on that carb.
If both then it could be cables or linkages.

When tuning twin SUs you should set both mixture and idle speed with the
throttle and choke shaft clamps (four clamps) loosened.

Dieselling when turning off from an idle speed of 1100 rpm when hot is to be
expected.

PaulH.
MG Cars Webring MG Site of the Month - September '99
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)