Anyone have some dark blue windlace?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone have some dark blue windlace?
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hello:

Does anyone have a section of navy (dark blue) plastic & rubber windlace
(door gasket) on a parts car or surplus that I could buy?  This was fitted
to certain colors of '73 and up MGB's.

I just installed windlace around the driver's door opening of my '73 B GT.
I bought it from the Roadster Factory, and was pleased that they had it in
navy colored plastic as originally fitted to my car.  When I got the part,
it looked sort of "fat" compared to the old ones (the black rubber gasket
portion).

Well, I installed it and it was not a pleasant job.  The problem is that
when I go to shut the door, it will barely close!  My initial observation of
it being too fat were correct.  My local MG restoration shop owner suggested
splicing in a section of replacement windlace and retaining most of my
existing windlace.
Thank you.

Don Scott

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/