Re: Clutch slave cylinder

Subject: Re: Clutch slave cylinder
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:40:59 -0700
Very simple job, but if the slave is dead, the master and certainly the
hose may need replacement as well. The other caveat is that not until
after you buy the car and fix the clutch hydraulics will you have any
indication of the clutch condition itself, and you have to pull the
engine to replace the clutch disc or throwout bearing. It might be
worthwhile to pay the guy to replace the slave cylinder just so you can
test drive the car, unless he has some receipts to indicate the
age/mileage on the clutch.

My 2¢...

herb lundin had this to say:

--