'73 B door gasket section needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '73 B door gasket section needed
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 18:45:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hello:

Does anyone have a section (4 feet +/-) of navy (dark blue) plastic & rubber
windlace (door gasket) from their parts bin or froma a parts car that I
could buy?  This type of windlace was fitted to certain colors of '73 and up
MGB's (my car is orange).

I installed new windlace around the driver's door opening of my '73 B GT.  I
bought the windlace from the Roadster Factory, and was pleased that they had
it in navy colored plastic as originally fitted to my car.  When I got the
part, it looked sort of "fat" compared to the old part (the black rubber
gasket portion).
After installing the new one, I discovered that when I go to shut the door,
it will barely close!  My initial observation of it being too fat were
correct, corroborated by others on the list.  My local MG restoration shop
owner suggested splicing in a section of replacement windlace and retaining
most of my existing windlace.

Thank you.

Don Scott

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/