Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheel

To: mkris@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: ARGH those Suburbans( Otherwise known as those damn four wheel
From: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:31:00 -0400
If I remember my defensive driving class, it is advisable to stay 2
seconds from the back bumper on the car in front of you.  Therefore, the
distance varies depending on the speed, the faster the flow, the further
the distance.  Doing the math, it seems like one car length (say 20' for
simplicity) would be adequate at 6.8 MPH.  I guess you weren't far
enough behind.  You travel 20' at 40 MPH in 0.341 seconds.  Is that
enough time to react?