take it with a sip of scotch

To: MDALB@aol.com, david.boldt@eastgroup.com, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: take it with a sip of scotch
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:42:20 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/99 7:09:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RBYRUM8612
writes:

<< An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman went for a round of
 golf and their wives went along as caddies. While walking
 around the course the English man's wife caught her foot in a
 rabbit hole, tripped up, and landed in a heap on the ground.
 Her skirt was over her head revealing that she wasn't wearing
 any knickers!

 The Englishman stormed over and angrily demanded a
 reason for her state of undress.

 "Well darling," she explained, "you give me so little allow-
 ance that I have to make the odd sacrifice. Usually no
 one notices."

 The Englishman thrusts his hand into his pocket and said,
 "Here's ten pounds. Go to Mark's and Spencer's and get
 some knickers."

 Two holes further along the Irish Man's wife caught her foot
 on a molehill, tripped up and landed in a heap on the ground.
 Again her skirt was up over her head revealing that she
 wasn't wearing any knickers either! The Irish man was livid
 and he angrily demanded a reason for her lack of  under-
 garments.

 "Well darling," she explained, "you give me so little allow-
 ance I cannot afford to buy undergarments."

 With that the Irish man thrust his hand into his pocket and
 said, "Here's five pounds. Go to Woolworth's and get some
 knickers."

 Three holes further on, the Scottish man's wife caught her
 foot on an exposed root, tripped up and landed with her skirt
 over her head revealing that even she wore no knickers! Her
 explanation to her irate husband was the same as the
 others: Simply a lack of allowance.

 The Scottish man thrust his hand into his pocket and said,
 "Here's a comb. The least you can do is tidy yourself up a
 bit." >>