Re: The prince of darkness strikes again.......

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The prince of darkness strikes again.......
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:01:05 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/99 5:48:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lulusam2@sparc.isl.net writes:

> I can't get my MG to start.  It will grown then click, click, click.  It
>  even wipes out the clock on my radio each time I try to turn it over.  I
>  have cleaned all the posts, replaced all the battery cable connections,
>  tested both batteries (each read about 11.80).  I am at a loss.  Could it
be
>  my connection to my starter?  Help!  I was so looking forward to driving it
>  to the meeting in MPLS for the NAMGBR.
>
>  Thanks
>  Todd
>  69' MGC "With factory No-Start option"

Iam going to guess that you still have 2 six volt batteries in series.  2
sixes in series (or 1 12 for that matter) produce 12.72 volts when fully
charged.  12.4 volts is 3/4 charge, 12.25 volts is 1/2 charge,  12.00 volts
is 1/4 charge.  so at 11.88 you got a case of DB (dead battery (ies).
If you charging system went south this could be the problem, or it could just
be old batteries.  With the engine running at 2,000 rpm with all electrical
items off the charging system should produce 13.5-14.5 volts.
Hope this helps,
Rick Ewald