Re: How about a lights-on warning bell?

To: tab@penworks.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How about a lights-on warning bell?
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:50:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/30/99 6:44:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tab@penworks.com writes:

> After I disconnect the obnoxious seat-belt buzzer (yes, I always wear a
>  belt, but don't always have it on while trying to start the car), I'd be
>  interested in seeing if there was some sort of "your lights are on"
>  bell/warner, similar to current cars that chime when the engine is off
>  and/or the door is open with the lights on.  Any ideas?

What I always thought was a simpler solution is what the current European car
makers do.  They wire the headlight switch to the keyed ignition (with relays
of course) Key on head lights work, key off no head lights.  The flasher part
of the headlights work with or without the key.  Impossible to leave the key
on and run the battery down.
Shouldn't be too hard to rewire your LBC this way.
$.02
Rick Ewald