Re: Rack Lubrication

To: <mistebar@juno.com>, <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rack Lubrication
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 20:55:28 -0500
the technique involves modifying a grease gun to pump oil
instead of grease from the gun. Check the archives of the list..
it's been covered.

  A much easier way.... what I have done...
I used a large gauge needle that fit on my plastic 90 wt oil
bottle...  to inject the 90wt directly through the top, through the rubber
at the top of an accordion....and squeezed in the proper amount.
It's a bit slow....but its only a pint.  Seal the hole with a small
injection
(SMALL I SAID!) of silicone to seal up the hole.

Remember to use the hose-clamp style screw type type boot fasteners.
I have not had good experiences with trying to use those tie-wraps
or twisted wire, unless you get some of those really big tie-wraps.
I don't feel you can get them tightened enough
to properly seal the oil in.

Although if you go to any large hardware store you CAN get those really
monstrous
tie-wraps (temporary handcuff size)