Re: Panhard Rod

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Panhard Rod
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:45:18 -0000
You mention 'panhard rod (V8-style)' as if it was a standard item on V8s, it
wasn't on the factory V8.  I too have noticed increased oversteer with only
mild stiffening at the rear.  I have had information from a couple of
sources now that if the rear is stiffened the front has to be more so to
prevent handling problems.  One of these sources related to the Audi TT that
was recalled for a slightly thinner rear bar and a slightly thicker front
bar to correct terminal oversteer.  The 'terminal' in this case related to
the occupants of a number of cars, that is, it killed them.  Be careful.

PaulH.