Re: Ring Job

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Ring Job
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 12:23:35 -0500 (EST)
Yep I've done it at least 5 times over the years, the first time when I
was in high school and didn't know that rings came in different sizes. I
guess by dumb luck I just went with the standard ones that JC Whitney used
to sell. You do need to have a ridge reamer and a ring compresser on hand
but these can be borrowed from Pep VBpoy, Auto Zone etc. I would also
recommend that you let a machine shop put the rings on to make sure you
don't snap one although it certainly is doable without snapping them. One
other time saver when removing the head is to leave the carbs attached and
remove the header from the exhaust.
...Art