Re: No start, '71 B

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: No start, '71 B
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:09:20 -0500
Craig,
    When were the plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap and rotor last
changed?  If you're not sure or they look old, go ahead and replace
them.  It's a perfect way to take some of the variables out of your
starting problem.  FWIW, I've found that 90% of my starting problems
on my '74 were caused when one of these components were suspect.

You're in central PA, if I remember right.  Go to auto zone or
advanced auto and you can get all of these parts.  You might have to
wait a day or two, but your plug wires, cap and rotor will most
likely come with a lifetime warranty.

Plus it's a nice way of getting acquainted with the car.  She will
understand that you mean her no harm, and that your intentions are
good.

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata