Re: Convairs and GT6s

To: rsexson@excite.com, ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Convairs and GT6s
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:51:47 EST
In a message dated 01/22/2000 5:29:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rsexson@excite.com writes:

> When this GT6 driver slammed on the brakes
>  and
>  >  jerked the wheel to one side the whole darn rear end of the car sort of
>  >  lifted, with the outside wheel coming clear of the ground and tucking
in.

My first LBC was a 67 MkII Sp**fire (1147 screaming CC's with a factory
header!)
Let me tell you it did not require brakes and a sharp jerk to get the car to
tuck under.  A bump or iregularity in the pavement in a corner would do this
quite well.  To be nice the handling was "quirky".  The final cure was a set
of Koni's on the rear that prevented the axle from droping far enough to tuck
under.  That car was many things, boring was not one of them!
Rick