1275 engine parts + ribcase for sale

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 engine parts + ribcase for sale
From: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:48:15 -0800
Well, I haven't written to the list in a long time, because I haven't been
working on the Midget.  Some of you might remember that I have been working
on a 12a mazda rotary and 5 spd conversion for my 72 midget.  I ran out of
funds trying to keep my other two cars runningm so I am forced to sell all
of my MG parts.  I was going to wait until after the conversion, but the
process is now irreversible. so here it goes,

1275 ribcase  tranny, 4 spd, 3 synchro, new rear seal (for the driveshaft)
and a new input shaft bearing, sounds good, no rattles, 1st geared only
popped out with the stock shifter while climbing a steep incline(sounds
funny, but after I shortened the shifter, it didn't do it) the shifter is
shortened about 4" and is extremely quick through the gears.  $450

I have a 3 into 1 header in good condition, there was a crack on the bottom
that I welded, sandblasted the header and painted black with High-Temp
enamel. includes brass intake and exhaust nuts $75

I have a pair of SU carbs (72 1275)in great condition with manifold,
heatshield and 3 new return springs, the car ran perfectly and idled
beautifully with these carbs. $350

I have a rebuilt starter that has less than 1000 miles on it. looks and
works like new, bendix is perfect and the teeth are not chewed up. $40

Alternator, rebuilt bosch alternator, works great, charging warning light
didn't go on at idle! $75

Radiator w/shroud, radiator has been brazed, boiled and pressure tested, no
leaks!!  $95

Clutch kit, pressure plate, t/o bearing (carbon stock)w/clips and clutch
disk.  1000 miles, virtually unused! $75

1275 cylinder head.  Rebuilt w/ new valves, springs and stem seals, welded
the small crack by the valve stem seals, planed and cleaned.  All threads
are in good condition with no stripped or broken studs. 0 miles.  I'll
include the rockers, pushrods, and the valve cover. $450

Good rebuilt water pump, no leaks, works great. $20

Distributor, works great, w/ cap (in perfect condition) and new points +
rotor $75

Thats the major parts that are left, sorry, but the block, crank, cam, etc
are all toast.  E-mail me if there are other parts on the OUTSIDE of the
engine that you might need, I didn't write a full list.  (ex. oil pan, fan,
belt, etc)

Barry Palmer
72 MG Midget (12a Rotary bastardization)
71 Standard beetle (daily driver, stock except for a fat 1600 dp and 4 tip
header!)
66 Baja Bug (working on this one, 1776cc?? soon!)