Re: OH MY GAWD!!! (What have they done?)

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>, "MG List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OH MY GAWD!!! (What have they done?)
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:39:13 -0500
Looking at this thing again, I noticed some stuff that makes me want
to vom.
(You know, it's one of those horrible things that you can't tear
your eyes from...Like the Clinton hearings...)

Notice the bumpers.  They look like something you'd see on a Nissan
4wd.  I think he made those in his backyard.

Take a good look at the fog lights.  You too can have these for
$14.95 at pep-boys.  (Cars like us, enthusiasts hate us!)  What are
the mesh guards for?  Going off-roading?

If you look carefully, you can see a large gap in the metal above
the front turn signals.  OK, you spend $32 grand screwing up a
classic and you can't even spend an extra $40 for the right lenses?

And where does this guy get a 140mph top speed?  My 'B got scary at
100.  He doesn't have an air dam, rear spoiler or anything to change
the original aerodynamics significantly (hood scoup doesn't count.)
I'd like to see that car at 140.  I bet the front wheels are two
inches off the ground.

I don't mind custom engine jobs.  Just don't make the car into a
reeling monster like this!  If he put a v6 ford into a car and left
the exterior stock, I'd be more impressed.  Really, there's
something about stealth that makes me feel good.  That car screams
"RACE ME!"

And one final thought, why screw up a classic?  I know it was a '77,
but a good set of chrome bumpers and a grille would have made it
into a more desirable car.  Cut up all the chevys, toyotas, honduhs,
and plymouths you want - just don't hurt the 'Bs!

I'm going to have nightmares...This car and the pink 'B automatic
are going to show up on my driveway...And then I'll wake up in a
cold sweat and it'll all be ok...

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata