Re: Convertible Top

To: "Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27LG/LGQPT" <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>,
Subject: Re: Convertible Top
From: "British Sportscar Center" <mgpa@calweb.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:19:13 -0800
Andrew,

In the interests of accuracy, let's get the facts straight and not malign
Moss Motors unnecessarily.

Northwest Imports this morning quoted me $189 for an Amco top for an MGB.
Moss does not list Amco tops in their catalog. Their Robbins top (in my
experience, a better quality top than the Amco one) lists for $279.95.

The top that Moss lists close to the $400 figure you quoted (actually,
$449.50) is made in England by the original supplier of tops to MG and, most
important to note, includes an installed header rail complete with new seal
and the snaps are pre-installed. This means a significant saving in
installation time or cost.

So, please let's not publicly imply that Moss is selling the same thing as
Northwest Imports for over twice the price. That's just not fair to Moss,
without whose tremendous financial investments in tooling for otherwise
obsolete parts there would be far fewer LBCs on the roads today.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center