RE:Battery Size for Battery Box - Interim Report

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Battery Size for Battery Box - Interim Report
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:40:43 -0600
Actually this is probably the final report.

First a big THANK YOU to the folks who responded. I usually try to respond
to each email sent to me, but time didn't allow.

The folks that said Delco, KMart, and Track Auto were all on the money.
Mainly because KMart, and Track Auto both sell Delco batteries. Track was
the better deal because they had a human being to help while KMart was
devoid of anyone to help.

The Delco battery that fits is the Delco 55-XX. The XX represents capacity.
KMart only had the 55-60, but Track had that and a 55-75 for $49.995, ten
dollars more than the 55-60. I hadn't written down KMart's price, but I
think it was more than Track. I'll get the 75 amp version from Track.

The reason I said "interim" was that the battery in my C probably works
also. However I can't take it out until I move the car in spring. This
battery is a Champion, that seems to have been made as a universal battery.
The terminals are in the center, rather on either side, and there is a
beveled portion with two side post terminals on it so that the battery can
be used with either post configuration, or as a side terminal battery. It
has a Sam's Club sticker on it, but I got no help from them until I ran into
a long time employee (3 months). Actually he remembered the battery being
sold by SC, but they didn't handle it anymore. He gave me Champion's phone
number where, after being passed from person to person, and menu to menu I
was told that they didn't make it any longer. When I asked who in my area
sold Champion Batteries, they were glad to tell me Sam's Club. I doubt if I
can get another one of these, but why bother when the Delco will do. I will
take it out and check the possibility of it still being available, but that
will have to wait.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jack