Re: Seat belt retractor lubrication

To: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat belt retractor lubrication
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:54:42 -0000
Hi, Edwin.

I've fixed this before, w/o lubrication, albeit on aftermarket belts.

If you pull the belt all the way out, you should find a loop at the end of
it. This goes through a slot in the 'barrel' of the reel and is held by a
pin. Lock the barrel with a screwdriver, remove the pin and belt.
Then, tighten the barrel one more turn *and no more*. this makes up for any
tiredness in the retarcting spring.

*Do not let the barrel get loose*, or you'll have to tension it from scratch
(how do I know this?)

Good Luck,

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html