Re: To clutch or not to clutch

To: "Michael Torrusio" <mtorrusi@maine.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: To clutch or not to clutch
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:28:05 -0000
Hi, Mike.

My GT started doing this after I changed the rear axle. Being on the limit
as regards tyre to arch clearance, I got a torch and looked very carefully
at the right rear. The return or arch lip is polished but I can only see
where it is catching the circumferential moulding on the tyre when the tyre
is dirty.

I can only assume that the repalcement rear axle is a touch wider than the
original, probably due to production tolerances. Since my rear springs are
pretty good, the fix is to grind a tiny amount of the arch lip on the right.

On your car, check that the springs and spring bushes are good and that the
axle U-bolts are tight. It could be that the axle in on the move under bump
conditions. Also, check that the rear bump stops and platforms are all
there-it could just be the axle moving too far into the arch.

Hope this helps,

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html