Lucas Part Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas Part Question
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:07:18 EST
Listers,

I bought an ignition switch off of eBay about two weeks ago.  It was
advertised as late model NOS MGB ignition switch.  When I received the part,
it was completely obvious that the part does not fit my 1977 MGB.  I was
hoping someone on the list could determine what the part actually goes to so
that I may either find it a good home (preferably in trade for a true MGB
switch) or resell it on eBay.
The Lucas ignition switch has the part # 30371.  There is also a # written on
the side of the box: 21K5.  On the metal housing are two numbers: 30371D, and
2780.  The housing is about an inch and a half in diameter (~35mm), and has
six wires running to a plug not unlike that of an MGB ignition switch.  There
is also a separate Purple/Pink tracer wire with a female connector.  The
color of the six wires are: white/red tracer, slate, brown, white, brown, and
green/white tracer.
The similarity of this switch to my MGB switch is striking (perhaps why the
seller mistook it), so perhaps it would fit a car that is not unlike an MGB
(Austin Marina/ America, MG Midget, TR-7/8).

Any help is ofcourse appreciated!
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB