Re: The City

To: Dan DiBiase <dibiase@home.com>
Subject: Re: The City
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:41:01 -0500
At 08:49 PM 03/07/2000 -0500, Dan DiBiase wrote:
>Mike, I assumed you left an armed guard with the cars?! 8-)>

Not at all, nothing happened to us or our cars. We all watch too much TV.
Its all that we perceive that is mostly fiction. Those who don't know the
City, think it is a dangerous place. Yet the crime rate is rather low.
Go to Europe, and the locals after seeing Littleton Colorado and events
like that, think that the entire US is a wild lawless country with gun
fights in the street every day. Many are afraid to travel here as their
violent crime rate is so much lower.

What makes NYC great is the ethnic diversity, the food, the theater, the
sports. the museums. the opera the shopping. There is more of it, on a
higher level than anywhere else on Earth. Nothing comes close.

What is really funny, is the British who live away from London, the French
who live away from Paris, and the Italians who live away from Rome feel the
same way about those cities as Americans who live away from New York.
Thats life.

mike