Re: Head Studs

To: djw69@idt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head Studs
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 06:38:43 EST
Is it possible that these are "torque to yield " studs.  I know that most
modern engines use that type.  I have a large gap in such experience with
head bolts, I know that in the 60s and before they always provided torque
specs but when working on a 1985 engine I learned of "torque to yield " head
bolts.  These must only be used once, and there is a specific instruction in
the manuals for them.
If you are sure that this is not the case, look in the front of any Haynes
manual and you will find a list of torque specs for bolts according to their
size.  Do not exceed this as you will weaken the bolt.

George