Carb Suffocating

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Suffocating
From: Dave <hearts@radiks.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:44:49 -0600
I just posted this but forgot my name and type of car.  Need more of
that ginko biloba stuff.

 My '76B started losing power and seemed to die
on acceleration.
 Felt like the choke was stuck closed. It was not. Took the crankcase
ventilation hose off the
 carb and it ran 90% better. Took the vacuum hose from the charcoal
canister off it ran 110%
 better! Put them back on-same problem. I also have the hose from the
valve cover to the
 canister off. Running great. I'm tempted to leave it as is. Great
starting and power. My
 guess is a plugged charcoal canister. All expertise appreciated. Thanks

guys.

Dave Ciaccio
'76MGB