Re: radios, noise suppression for

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: radios, noise suppression for
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argohouston.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 07:52:36 -0500
Bob, & David,
   Go down to you friendly local Radio Shack, and get a radio noise suppression
kit.  They usually consist of a module that is an inline inductor in the power
feed circuit, with some filter caps going to ground.  This will eliminate most
or all of the noise induced by the alternator in the power circuit.  Another
source of noise is from the high tension circuit of the coil. If you're running
copper core plug wires, they act like little transmitters and you radio will
pick up each plug firing ( hence resistive plugs and carbon filiment wires).
Harlan