J-B Weld, is it really that good?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: J-B Weld, is it really that good?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:06:42 EDT
The clutch linkage lever and rods on my TD have worn out holes (oversized and
oval shaped). The restoration manual suggest having holes filled up with weld
and then redrilled. I'm wondering if J-B Weld is tough enough to do the
trick. Is this a dumb idea? Has anyone tried this? I've always heard amazing
testimonies to the strength of this stuff and I've had good luck with it
myself.

BTW: What is this stuff made of? My theory is that it's just epoxy filled
with metal particles.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336