Figuring out the wires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Figuring out the wires
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:17:01 -0400 (EDT)
Ok, so does someone on the list have experience with the headlights on a
BGT? I have the situation where while lowbeams are selected on the stalk I
get both headlights on lowbeams, pulling the stalk back (to flash the
highbeams) I get the right headlight to a highbeam and the left one stays
lowbeam. Pushing the stalk forward for always-on highbeams I get nothing.
What the heck is going on?

AFAIK, headlights have three connections, ground and two hots, one for
lowbeam and the other for highbeam. So, when I pull back on the stalk for
flashing the highbeams or push the stalk forward for setting the highbeams
on, I should be powering the ground and the highbeam hot. When I set the
stalk to center for lowbeams on, I should be powering the ground and the
lowbeam hot. Is this not how it works?

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || I must be a real system administrator, the real world
geoffeg@sloth.org || doesn't make sense to me anymore.