Re: No green power

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No green power
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 18:01:48 +0100
Aha, could be onto something now.  My Haynes for 'later' North American
models does show just two greens coming off the fuse box.  Both go to 4-way
bullet connectors, and one of the wires *from* one of the 4-ways feeds, wait
for it, the Washer pump, Reverse lights and Brake failure switch!  One of
the other wires from that same 4-way connector feeds the stop lights, and
the third wire feeds the induction heater which you haven't mentioned.  If
that has no power either when the ignition is on  then almost certainly the
green feed *to* that 4-way is broken - either at the fuse block, the
connector, or in between.  If the induction heater has power then it looks
like *two* load wires may have pulled out of that 4-way connector, or the
connector is corroded internally.  Look for a 4-way with four greens right
by the bulkhead and fuse block, or possibly on the LHS, since three of the
items fed off it are in that area.

Good hunting,
PaulH.