Re: Bent Bonnet Update

To: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>, "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bent Bonnet Update
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 17:11:04 -0600
I could say the same thing about State Farm. Twice, once in my 71 BGT and
once in my 65B, I had someone put their large American car in reverse and
back right into my car.  And each time I was still in the car. Each time
State farm refused to pay to replace the hood because the car and the hood
were "old" and "used", and they said it wasn't right to make it better than
it was before their insured drive crunched it.

The first time I was naive and I didn't get a dime. The second time, the
hood was bent so bad I couldn't shut it. After arguing with the State Farm
agent, I finally got him to pay for the cost of a primered replacement
hood. Later I realized that I still got ripped off, but it was better than
nothing.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT