Re: wierdest starting problem. help!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: wierdest starting problem. help!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 09:39:33 -0700
Bullwinkle had this to say:

>This is also a symptom of fuel shortage.  The fuel line may be
>blocked.  When the car sits, there is enough pressure in the line
>to put a little fuel into the carbs, so it will start, but it's
>not getting enough to keep it running.

This does seem like a strong possibility. Replacing the fuel filter may
help. You should be able to find one even on a holiday. I know there are
not many choices for auto parts in Palo Alto (at least not ones that
would be open on Memorial Day), but you could try Tadlock's in East Palo
Alto, Kragen's in Mountain View or Redwood City, Grand Auto in Redwood
City, NAPA in Mt. View, Sears in Mt. View, or Pep Boys or Economy Imports
in Sunnyvale.

You could test it by routing the fuel line into a jar and cranking the
engine for a bit to see if keeps flowing. Try it with and without the
filter. If you're still stuck Monday afternoon give me a call and I might
be able to make time to drop by and see if I can help (I'm theoretically
working today); I'm only a few miles from Palo Alto. 650-903-0362.

Good luck,
Max

--

Max Heim