Re: MGF in Clinton

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: MGF in Clinton
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 19:04:51 -0400
Nope no restrictions on driving it here - he just has to export it back to the
UK when his vacation is over.

I wonder exactly what one would have to do to make the car meet US federal
regulations?  I know back in the 60's it required a lot of work to make it meet
the standards...I had a Tri**ph Spitfire while I lived in Paris but I ordered
it from the factory ($1,800 )  as a US version and shipped it to Canada when I
moved there.
I would think that most of the regulations have been met with the newer cars. I
noted that the glass on the MGF had a DOT number on it which to me indicates
that at least the glass meets standards.

I agree with the other posters that the car isn't much different than any other
run of the mill car you can buy today.  The colour didn't help much either -
now if it was in Corvette Yellow......!!!!!

:)
Rick