Re: MGB Tonneau

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
Paul, when the cover is rolled back... I.e., to expose
the entire passenger compartment... when I use the
'regular' cover for my top, it hides all of the top
metal structure since it hooks into the 'clips' behind
the front doors. The tonneau cover does not go that
far forward, i.e., hook into those clips, so the front
edge of the metal top structure is exposed. It's a
less clean look than with the 'regular' top cover in
place... Based on looking at my (found) Moss catalog
and the positioning of the slots for the tonneau bar,
it appears that this will still be the case. However,
I think I have those bars somewhere in my basement so
it may not cost me anything to check!

> > I like having the tonneau cover with me in case
> > of rain but did not like the way the front edges
> of
> > the top are exposed, so maybe this bar solves that
> > problem...?
>
> Not with you.  Do you mean the front edge of the
> tonneau cover when it is
> fully deployed?  If so the tonneau bars are nowhere
> near there.

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green
Looking for a 67-70 MGB Tourer Project Car!

http://mail.yahoo.com/