ultimate fuel pump

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ultimate fuel pump
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:48:35 -0400
Charles-

Your Midget fuel system is no different than an MGB except for part
no's. Any of the SU pumps will "flow through" if not operating, as will
the Facet. This may not hold true for other types of pumps, but you are
safe with these. Been doing it for several years now.

Not sure of the best mounting place for a second pump in a Midget, its
been a long time since I sold my last one.

Why electric pumps in place of mechanical? One reason is location.
Narrow frame rails on our cars, esp. the Midget, & steering racks can
interfere with the location of a mechanical pump, usually driven off the
cam & located in the front of the engine. The 1500 midget (with the
Triumph engine) did use a mechanical pump.

Jim Stuart