New Question, MGB Raditor

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Question, MGB Raditor
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:42:09 -0400
Car was running hot and I popped the hood and touched the little
sensor unit that goes into the top tank on the radiator.  It popped
out and fluid spewed forth, until I stuck it back in.  It has black
goop holding it in.  I drove the car home, it ran good and cool, the
little sensor worked and did not come out know and the fans kick on as
they should. What gives with the gizmo popping out, is there a bracket
that holds it in?
Next question.  The tank that has the filler cap on it was about half
full, I did not fill it all the way up, thinking that it is only half
full in anticipation of overflow, is that tank suppose to be only half
full?
THANKS!
MIKE R