Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's the Fascination with Guns and Cars?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:40:44 -0700
I'm an American, and I'm just as puzzled by it as you are...

But I'm not sure these examples are really indicative of a trend. I would
bet there's a Range Rover "Sheffield" Or "Spode" edition for the ladies,
as well -- it's just a marketing gimmick targeted at Anglophile snobs.
The targeted buyers don't really care any more for fine shotguns then
they actually drive off-road. As for Car & Driver, don't get me
started... I stopped reading them 20 years ago because of their
ludicrous, immature, testosterone-crazed "macho" attitude -- I'm sure
they equate cars, guns, cigars, knives, and gold ingot bracelets. So I
wouldn't worry about anything they say... <g>

WSpohn4@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149