Re: su carb problem

To: Jeff Fayne <fayne@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: su carb problem
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 13:26:03 -0600
At 02:17 PM 7/29/00 -0500, Jeff Fayne wrote:

>Have you tried replacing the fibre washer that's under the cap? A new one may
>allow some compression when tightened and will act as a lock washer,
>preventing
>the loosening you're experiencing. Failing that, you could try  a rubber
>O-ring
>instead of the washer. Not exactly stock, but it should provide more
>compressibility than a fibre washer.
>
>Let us know if you find a solution..
>
>Jeff
>'70MGB

I tried replacing the fiber washer first, before I replaced the damper
rods. It didn't help. Another problem too is that the new damper rods (I
think I got them from Moss) had less threading than the older, probably
original, damper rods. This would make the use of a thicker washer,
including rubber, not possible.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT