Re: car alarms?

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: car alarms?
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 02:03:31 -0400 (EDT)
To keep people from taking my fathers 70 Land Rover for joy rides or
stealing the car I simply put all gearboxes in nuetral and moved the gas
tank selector lever to a non-existant selection. On the MG's, this isnt
possible (I hope it isnt) but something similar might be possible. A
battery cutoff switch, a small switch under the dash that cuts off the
coil, etc. Alarm systems have always seemed silly to me, anyone who really
wants to steal a car can bypass or disable it and most of the alarms are
false, annoying people in the area.

To answer your questions tho:

1. Under the car, in the trunk?
2. On top of the dash?

HOpe this can help,
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || What kills you makes me stronger.
geoffeg@sloth.org ||