Re: Stopping rust

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stopping rust
From: richard <juju34@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:37:26 -0500
i use a product called os-phro, can be found at paint and body
suppliers, its a green liquid, acid based ,that most likely is like your
spray, i use it on ferris based metal keels on sailboats, before
painting, also it is very thin so can be poured and sloshed around
inside fuel tanks after cleaning with hardware store muratic
acid,flushing with soapy water, and then clean water[do this at the
local diy car wash....then pour in the osphro and slosh it around...

on body work, brush it on, let it dry, wipe off the white powder left...

then normal primer, block sand ,& shoot final finish, etc......

the above works for me....and i have no return of rust....

on all of the above, just wire brush off the loose, rust, big flakey
layered rust has to be removed

enough of my babbling,poor spelling and bad grammar

richard brit/euro wrench, restorer, collector

67 bgt, 70b, other brit/euro marquess autos and m/cycles

ps: this stuff goes a long way, IMHO, it is cheaper and easy to use, i
use the spay only for under the car or for places i cannot access with a
brush