Re: 70 MGB no start after complete rebuild NOW VROOM

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 MGB no start after complete rebuild NOW VROOM
From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:12:36 -0700
Dereck,

While you are tinkering with the carb, pull off the dashpot.  If you look
into the top of the carb with the dashpot off, you should be able to see
the jet opening.  If you now adjust the mixture screw, you *should* be able
to see the jet moving up and down as you adjust the screw.

It sounds to me like something is wrong with the mixture adjustment.

-JW

>However, does it smoke!  I balanced the carbs with the unisend (sp?) and
>adjusted the mixture.  But the mixture did not seem to do a thing.  I
>threaded the jet adjustment all the way up (lean) and all the way down
>(rich) and did not seem to notice any difference in idle or change in the
>exhaust smoke.  My thought is to check out the floats to make sure that they
>are gapped correctly.  The choke is completely disconnected at the moment
>and no air filters.  Just ran out of daylight.  I want to bed in the cam by
>running it at 2500 rpm for 25 minutes (correct?) but I am afraid the EPA
>will come after me if I attempted it in its current condition.  Any
>thoughts?  If you don't hear from me - I'll be in the archives. :)

         John Walker
      john@rmartin.net
      drone@d23.com
~= Early 1974 MGB =~