Carb Needs Fresh Air

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Needs Fresh Air
From: Dave <hearts@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:47:26 -0500
Hi Guys:

My '76B is starting great but seems to lose power, load up on fuel and
wants to stall when I connect the breather hose from the front of the
engine block to the back of the carb (z/s).  When I disconnect the hose,
it runs with good power and does not load up. Carb seems to need that
fresh air through the air through that carb port.  All emission stuff is
removed )long time ago.  I cleaned the charcoal canister and replaced
charcoal. Hose from valve cover to canister is hooked up ok.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  You guys always come through!

Dave Ciaccio
'76B