Re: Adhesive for bonding packing?

To: "Steve Morris" <smorris@en.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adhesive for bonding packing?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:20:41 +0100
The felt squares are for sound deadening and I used spray adhesive - still
there 10 years later.  I used some lengths of lath wedged in the gaps
between the underside of the bonnet and the stiffeners to hold the edges of
the felt flat against the bonnet while it was drying.

There are usually two other pieces that force the air to go through the rad,
they are a rubber strip that goes on the top edge of the radiator diaphragm,
and a two or three-piece foam strip that fills the top gap between rad and
diaphragm.  The rubber strip was available (in the UK at least) when I did
mine 10 years ago, but I have never seen the foam.

PaulH.