Brake Pads

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Pads
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:30:49 -0400
Joseph @earthlink asks re. pads for his '67 MGB.

My question is this - how fast, how safely and how often do you want to
stop?

Bottom line is: stock pads are fine for most normal driving.  Semi-metallics
are better.  And, larger pads are better.  And, of course, you could go to
carbon kevlar.  You generally get what you pay for.

Your decision should be based on your driving style.  Buy the stopping power
you need.  Brake pads are a lot cheaper than new fenders or bumpers, etc.

Right now, I'm using Metal Masters.  They work well on the street. (Although
they do squeal a bit.) And, they worked very well on the track this past
weekend too.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB daily driver, occasional racer