Re: MGB seat rebuilding

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: MGB seat rebuilding
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:41:33 -0400
My vinyl was ripped so I decided to put in leather seats, and while I was
at it I ordered new cushions and webbing and all.  I hate upholstering, so
I figured I only wanted to play with it once.

So I got new cushions.  I don't know what you might use in lieu of new
cushions.

Since there seems to be a general interest, I'll take my set of pictures
and put them up on my site (I took pics every step of the way dismantling,
so I'd have a reference reassembling).

One good thing:  Aside from looking great, I didn't realize how COMFORTABLE
and SMOOTH the car seemed to ride afterwards.  The cushions and webbing
absorbed a lot of the car vibration and made it a real joy to ride in.

Until the engine blew, that is, but I can't blame that on my seat work.
:)  Unless of course you figure I was so comfortable that I didn't notice
the engine heat creeping up. :)

- Tab