Re: British vs. English (sorta LBC related)

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: British vs. English (sorta LBC related)
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:44:08 +0100
By tradition the eldest son of the reigning monarch is given the title
Prince of Wales, he would then expect to become King of England in due
course.  Most monarchs seem to have more titles than you can shake a stick
at, including things that involve 'Commonwealth'.  The monarch is known as
King/Queen of England even though they 'rule' over Wales, Scotland and
Northern Ireland as well i.e. the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and
Northern Ireland' to give its full title.  I suppose this dates from when
England had fully subjugated the pagan hordes and they weren't so uppity as
they are now.  England is the only country in the Union not to have its own
parliament, and its about time we had one and those other lot stopped
meddling in our affairs.

Phillip had a T-type (very dashing) when he met Elizabeth, and Charles has
had an MGC.  I believe it has recently been restored by a group of
apprentices, so may well still be part of the Royal fleet.  BMIHT has one of
the Royal Rovers - complete with three-inch deep carpet in the rear.  My
daughter and I had a private viewing of the Heritage collection shortly
before Gaydon opened (my hairdresser was the daughter of the man that
started it all - Ron Whitehead MBE) and she got to sit it and give us a
Royal wave.

PaulH.