Re: Reliability of British Vehicles

To: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reliability of British Vehicles
From: "James Nazarian Jr" <james.nazarian@colorado.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:35:45 -0600
my guess is the O2 sensor, when they go bad this is exactly what happens.
my '96 cherokee went through this once.

James Nazarian
71 B Roadster
71 BGT

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari

----------
> From: Erich <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Reliability of British Vehicles
> Date: Sunday, October 01, 2000 11:43 AM
>
> Hello All,
>
> An interesting thing happened to my wife and I this week.  It started
Thursday when I received a call at work from my wife Alice.  Both her Jeep
and our back up car, a Chevy Caprice Classic, broke down on her while she
attempted to get to work.  I returned home and gave her the MG, while I
took my 1970 Norton. Imagine that!  Of our four vehicles, the only ones
working at this time are the two "unreliable" British ones.

> Anyway, while I love having the Norton out and Alice is enjoying the B,
we need to figure out what is wrong with her Jeep. It will start, but not
continue unless you keep on the gas. Letting off causes the engine to cut
out roughly.  Anyone know about fuel injected models (I-6 4.0 Cherokee)?
Does this sound familiar?

> Erich      1980 MGB
>            1970 Norton Commando "S"
>            1996 Jeep Cherokee (Down)
>            1978 Chevy (also down, but seems to only cost $40 to fix
                 anything on it)